Betapac Curry Powder 110 grams
CURRY CHICKEN RECIPE
1 1/2 lbs chicken
2 tsp Jamaican curry
1 1/2 onion
1 tbsp seasoning salt or table salt
1 tsp black peper
1 scotch bonnet pepper(very hot so if you cannot handle pepper, do not use)
- 1. Cut chicken into small pieces.
- 2. slice onions into small pieces and add to chicken (add thyme and a small amout of black pepper if you want a little heat…you can add scotch bonnet pepper instead of black pepper if you choose, but bear in mind that this pepper is very hot, so use sparingly).
- 3. Add seasoning salt to taste.
- 4. Mix in all seasoning to ensure that they are evenly pread throughout the chicken.
- 5. Put oil in cooking pot and place on fire.
- 6. Add curry to hot oil and mix in for 15 seconds.
- 7. Add seasoned chicken to the oil and mix in until curry spreads all over the chicken.
- 8. Cover and cook slowly on a low flame.
- 9. Watch fluid level as chicken cooks (chicken will develop its own) if too low add small amount of water.
- 10. When chicken is fully cooked, throw off fluid in a skillet.
- 11. Place the skillet on high flame until most of the water evaporates and you are left with leave a nice thick gravy.
- 12. throw this gravy on top of and over the cooked curry chicken.
- 10. Serve over white rice, bread, pasta, rice and peas, mashed potatoes, or cooked vegetables.